Monday, July 25, 2011

Recovering Chair Cushions

Here is my project from last weekend that I FINALLY finished up.  I have had the fabric for awhile now but just did not have the motivation for it until recently.  We have an old Morris chair that we inherited from my husband's grandmother and the cushions needed to be recovered again.  I bought this upholstery fabric from Hancocks a few months and just wanted a simple, solid look.



Sorry that the pictures are so dark. =(  It is in a room in the back of house right now that faces north so it gets very little light. 

I did make welting to go around all the edges and that was the most time consuming.  It also has zippers but those were actually pretty easy to sew in.  This project took quite a bit of measuring and planning but was really okay to sew out.  I am not sure why I waited so long.

No comments: